Annual Homecoming day is Sunday, October 11th
We provide Sunday School for all age groups at 10:00 Am each Sunday morning.
We conduct a weekly worship service each Sunday morning at 11:00 Am. We also have a Sunday evening service at 6:00 PM. Our services are filled with congregational singing, prayer and Biblical preaching.
We have each Wednesday Prayer and Bible study at 7:00 PM. We meet in the fellowship hall where we have an informal time of Bible Study, discussion and prayer.
Our goal is to teach the Bible, the very word of God verse by verse and precept upon precept and to reach every person with the saving gospel of Jesus Christ. Our purpose is to equip the church with the knowledge of the living, eternal word of God as our guide for life now and the life to come.
Everyone is welcome at any of our services.
Important Things We Believe.....
1. The second coming of Christ in two phases--the meeting in the air (rapture) of all believers living and the bodies of the dead in Christ...... and the return of Christ after the seven year tribulation to set up His one thousand year reign upon the earth.
2. Heaven is the destination of the saved immediately after death or the rapture because that's where Jesus is. Absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
3. Baptism of believers only.
4. Rewards for saints faithfulness.
5. Israel is still and always will be God’s chosen people. The apple of His eye. God is not finished with them yet. We support and respect the nation of Israel not neccessasarily the politics of Israel. The only nation on the earth that will surive when Jesus returns is Israel and Jerusalem it's holy city.
6. The Local church. This is where God is working and what Jesus promised that He would build.
7. Observance of The Lord's supper.... remembering Christ's shedding of blood and giving of His body for the sin debt that we could not pay and for the justification that we could never earn.
The church was originally a mission of Inez First Baptist Church. It was constituted as a church in October of 2000. The current building was completed in 1995. The addtion was completed in 2001.
Hundreds of people have accepted Christ since their doors opened in 1992. If you come to their services you will find that they are casual in dress but serious about serving the Lord Jesus Christ in the community of Tomahawk.
We believe in these Seven Essentials of the Faith:
1. The Deity of Christ and the Trinity-John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 8:24, I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. Phillipians 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
2. The Virgin Birth of Christ
--Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Matthew 1:23, 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Luke 1:27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
3. The Vicarious Blood Atonement--
Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. Romans 5:8, But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 1 John 1:7-8 If we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.
4. The Bodily Resurrection Of Christ
--Matthew 28:6, He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. Mark 16:6, And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. 1 Cor 15:3-4 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: I Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
5. Salvation by Grace through Faith
--Ephesians 2:8-9 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
6. The Inerrancy and Inspiration Of The Scriptures
--John 17:17;Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 2 Timothy 3:16; All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2 Peter 1:20-21. 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
7. The Depravity of Man and Fallen Creation Because of Original Sin and The Punishment of Sinners in Hell and Eventually the Lake Of Fire.
--Mark 10:18 Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is God. Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned. Romans 3:23 All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:10 There is none righteous, no not one. Luke 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.